Great Cruise

Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Mexico

8 Night Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 27, 2008
Ship: Norwegian Star
The ship was great and the amenities were good also. The staff of the ship was attentive and very friendly. The ports were very nice and the two shore excursions were very professionally done. Overall the trip was good. The only problem I saw was the "nickel and dime" nature of charging for pretty much everything. For examplei If you want to use the swimming pool in the spa there is a $20 charge. I also was very surprised about the 15% gratuity imposed on everything "for my convenience". If you don't pay attention you will tip more than that amount. The chocoholic event was not as opulent as it had been in the past. The precautions that they took to prevent the Norwalk virus were quite extensive.
I enjoyed the canopy adventure which was very fun. This port is very small and had a small amount of shopping/venues
For this stop we did not have anything planned and just went to the beach. Which was very relaxing
The scuba lesson was very good and the instruction was very professional really enjoyed it.
Great beach-there will be a lot of people hawking time shares for you to buy
Great beach-there will be a lot of people hawking time shares for you to buy

Pros: I liked the ability to pick the restaurants and the shore excursions were fantastic

Cons: Having cruised on a few different cruise lines and I have cruised Norwegian before. I was surprised at the amount of extra charges that were not included in the price

Recommends Norwegian Star? Yes!