Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Mexico

Great Cruise

Sail Date: January 27, 2008

The ship was great and the amenities were good also. The staff of the ship was attentive and very friendly. The ports were very nice and the two shore excursions were very professionally done. Overall the trip was good. The only problem I saw was the "nickel and dime" nature of charging for pretty much everything. For examplei If you want to use the swimming pool in the spa there is a $20 charge. I also was very surprised about the 15% gratuity imposed on everything "for my convenience". If you don't pay attention you will tip more than that amount. The chocoholic event was not as opulent as it had been in the past. The precautions that they took to prevent the Norwalk virus were quite extensive.

Pros: I liked the ability to pick the restaurants and the shore excursions were fantastic

Cons: Having cruised on a few different cruise lines and I have cruised Norwegian before. I was surprised at the amount of extra charges that were not included in the price

Recommends Norwegian Star? Yes!

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
The scuba lesson was very good and the instruction was very professional really enjoyed it.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Great beach-there will be a lot of people hawking time shares for you to buy
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Great beach-there will be a lot of people hawking time shares for you to buy
Acapulco, Mexico
For this stop we did not have anything planned and just went to the beach. Which was very relaxing
Acapulco, Mexico
Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, Mexico
I enjoyed the canopy adventure which was very fun. This port is very small and had a small amount of shopping/venues
Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, Mexico