Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Mexico

A very relaxing cruise!

Sail Date: April 26, 2006

The ship was very nice and big. My friend and I wanted to relax on the ship and we did just that. I wouldn't recommend this cruise for younger singles as many of the on board activities are more geared for older adults and couples. We were surprised to see we had a television in our room, however, the majority of the channels had to do with ship activities and then the same movies were played over and over on rotation practically. I was grateful for the one cable channel we did have as it offered some variety but I wish there was more available for those days that you just want to rest and stay in your room.

Pros: The cruise staff were extremely friendly, helpful and outgoing.

Cons: Freestyle cruising was highly emphasized however at many of the restaurants casual attire was not permitted so the mixed message caused my travel buddy and I to not have enough clothes for the specialty restaurants.

The food was good--not the best but good. The eggs were so runny that I didn't have a chance to really eat any eggs during the cruise but that was just minor compared to everything else that was good.
We didn't really find any of the activities that interesting but there was a variety of activities for everyone.
The ship was very clean, the lay out was very clear and accessible. The signs were clearly posted and everything was in order.
The room was very functional with lots of room to store things. A small closet, lots of drawers and overall quite accomodating.
The staff were the best. I have not a single complaint about any staff member. The specialty dining staff were a little pushy about wanting us to order drinks or extras but that was it. At one point when I ordered a soft drink at dinner I didn't like the fact that gratuity was included automatically. I didn't realize it until later. I really dislike forced gratuities. I like to tip on my own based on service.