Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Just Average

Sail Date: March 26, 2016

Beds were extremely comfortable.  Easy boarding and disembarking - much faster than I expected. Rating was only a 3 for the following reasons:  Could not get a lounge chair near pool ever.  People were putting towels on chair as early as 4:30 a.m., so when we went out at 9:00 a.m., you would see very few bodies but all chairs had been reserved with towels.  This did not change throughout the day.  The adult pools and hot tubs were filled with kids, so if you wanted a relaxing vacation or swim, and did not have kids with you, it wasn't available.  The NCL rules state chairs cannot be reserved for more than 2 hours, but that is not enforced.  I heard many cruisers complain that they could never get a lounge chair.  Breakfast buffet was excellent, with many choices.  Lunch and dinner were marginal.  You could always get a hot dog but I couldn't even get a good salad as the lettuce was always the spring mix and very bitter. I usually had crepes for dinner as each night had a different theme, such as Asian, Seafood, Indian.  If you did not like the theme, you were limited to hot dogs, bad pizza or overcooked fried chicken fingers.  I did try two specialty restaurants and the Italian Restaurant was just ok.  Cagney's Steakhouse was the highlight of the trip.  The food and service were excellent but it did get pricey, over $65 without drinks.  The sit down restaurants food was no better than the buffets.  I ordered the prime rib and it was so thin and tough, I could not chew it.  I am not a picky eater, so was really disappointed in the food and will try another cruise line for this reason alone.  Service throughout the trip was great overall!.

It was small but I realized that before booking. It was clean and we had an excellent view from balcony. Beds and pillows were very comfortable and room was made up quickly.
Port Canaveral, Florida
We parked at CT1. We got out of our car, went down elevator and quickly boarded ship, all undercover. When we returned, quickly found luggage, went thru customs and got on elevator to our car. It was a breeze!
We went to Atlantis and beach. Was beautiful if you want to just relax on beach and visit aquarium.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
We did not go to Main Street until exhausting shops near pier. We ran out of time, and best shopping was downtown and taxi was $4 pp each way and easy to find.
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
We had reserved a snorkel trip to Norman Island but when we boarded the ship, were told excursion had been cancelled - no reason. By time we tried to book another excursion, we were very limited. Went on land and sea excursion which was enjoyable but really had hoped to snorkel.

Make reservations at Cagneys, reserve a lounge chair with a towel at 4:30 a.m. or you will be out of luck. It does not improve later on as people leave their chairs but keep them reserved and come back later.

1 Comment