Norwegian Spirit -- March 12-19, 2016

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 12, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Spirit

I booked this cruise as a birthday present for my older daughter and myself over my daughter's spring break. Our cabin was changed from what I selected and I was not notified until boarding the ship.  :(  The bonus of $50 toward up to 4 shore excursions was applied to only my shore excursions which I did not know until the end of the cruise.  We had only 3 ports of call and had booked an excursion at all three but the first was cancelled due to expected weather conditions -- it was gorgeous and we were very disappointed -- therefore, only 2 of the $50 credits were used.  The ship is in need of updates (scheduled to begin in 2017) and is quite small.  The staff and crew were overall fantastic and the food was very good and quite abundant.  I would book again with Norwegian but probably chose the Escape as there are many more onboard activities and rooms are much nicer.  I would also consider a European cruise on one of the smaller ships like Spirit.

We were moved from 9001 to 8502 and notified of the change only after boarding the ship. My daughter's luggage went missing but was finally found. This was most likely because it was tagged with the 9001 luggage tags we had received from Norwegian. The 8502 room was not ready when we boarded and our room steward did not even have the room listed as being occupied during the cruise. When we finally were able to get into the room, our card keys did not work. We went back to guest services 10 TIMES over the course of the FIRST evening to resolve all the issues we had. It was frustrating and unnecessary.

Make your specialty restaurant reservations the first priority when you board, especially for Teppanyaki and Le Bistro as the reservations go quickly.

We did the catamaran snorkeling trip to see green sea turtles and a shipwreck. Captain Mark and Skeleton Crew (Anna and Nick) were fantastic. Highly recommend!
We did the Original Virgin Canopy Tour (zipline) and had an incredible view of the port from the top of the island. Very fun!