A wonderful sampling of all the Mediterranean has to offer!

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

12 Night Grand Mediterranean (Barcelona To Venice)
Sail Date: July 29, 2014
Ship: Norwegian Spirit
Cabin Number: GTY

I loved my 12 night stay on the Norwegian Spirit. Our room was small, but reasonably appointed with a nice size shower for a cruise ship. The staff and crew were universally helpful and friendly and it was nice to see the same familiar faces over the course of the nearly two week trip. The ship sails to most of the major highlights in the Mediterranean with four stops in Italy alone. The only thing that i would change is to make fewer stops so that we could have more overnights. The opportunity to eat dinner and enjoy the nightlife was one of my favorite parts about Barcelona and Venice. Also, the stop in Toulon is a bit boring. I think they add that in so that they can say that we stopped in France. Overall I highly recommend the Grand Mediterranean to anyone who is a first timer to Europe (like me) or who just wants to see all the most famous stops in one trip. When the 12 days were up I wasnt ready to leave!

The main dining restaurants do get a bit boring after about a week, but there are several paid options to choose from.

Not bad for a cruise ship. The Spirit dance/song team were great. As were the final show.

I especially loved our room steward Gerald! He was always cheerful and eager to help.

I would choose a balcony room next time, but the inside room was a great value and not too small.
We spent an extra night before our cruise and really enjoyed the sights and food in Spain
Really nothing worth seeing here. Not really worth standing in line to get off the boat.
My favorite stop. I loved Florence! This was a great first experience in Italy. Don't be afraid to take the train into Florence yourself. It's very simple.
Wonderful! Worth taking the ships excursion to see all that you can. Getting to Rome on your own can be very time consuming.
Pompeii is wonderful. Also - amazing Pizza!
Take the ships tour to the beach! The public bus system here is terrible. The small town if very cute though. Picture perfect Greece.
Incredibly friendly people. The Grand Bazaar is a bit crowded and overwhelming.
Great Beach clubs! Shopping here is more pleasant.
The acropolis is very easy to get to on your own. No need for an excursion to have an amazing experience.