Terrible

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Contributor Level: Third Mate

12 Night Grand Mediterranean (Barcelona To Venice)
Sail Date: June 11, 2014
Ship: Norwegian Spirit

Norwegian refused to assist us in obtaining a taxi to the airport when we were in Venice. They stated that we must call a taxi company ourselves from our room for $5.00 per minute, even though we did not speak italian or know any numbers for taxi companies. Norwegian did not even provide any numbers for taxi companies. My husband and I were on our own at 3:30am in a port in a foreign country. Our flight was at 6:30am and Norwegian did not want to let us off of the boat until 4:30am. It takes 40 minutes to get from the boat to the airport and we had an international flight. The excursions consisted of large groups with a lot of mandatory sales pitches from vendors. In Istanbul, we were placed in a room and forced to watch a carpet presentation. They did not even give us a choice to decline it. We only received 25 minutes in Pisa and it took us 30 minutes to walk from the bus to the location. By the way, it takes at least 30 minutes to climb up and come down the Leaning Tower of Pisa if you are in shape. I would never cruise with Norwegian again. Beware. In my opinion, they only want your money and once they have that, they are done with you.

Do not go to the Steakhouse. They seemed to serve Kraft Macaroni and Cheese (I told this to the manager and he did not deny it). I could make better food at my house. Not worth the money.

Boring and the natives are not very nice.
Very far from Pisa.
1 hour train ride to Rome. Plan accordingly.
Amalfi Coast was beautiful. Terrible food on the excursion.
I went kayaking. It was great.
The natives are very pushy and bully you to buy things. I would never go back.