Excellent Experience..

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 17, 2008
Ship: Norwegian Spirit
This was our first cruise and it was fabulous. Our room stewards could not have been more attentive or friendly. The food, including the Chocolate Buffet was out of this world. Unless you have a teenager, the soda program isn't the best... you have to drink 4-5 soda's/day to be worth it. I found with buying mixed drinks I didn't get my money's-worth out of the soda program. Attention to sanitation was top-notch. They had everyone using hand sanitizer which was nice. Overall.... a great experience I can't wait to do again.
The poverty might be disturbing...(was for me). If you get carsick take your meds as the road is very primitive and its not the best ride. But, our guide was so nice (we wanted to bring her home).
Don't Miss: Dancing with the Garifuna
Don't Miss: Dancing with the Garifuna
Banana plantation tour was really neat. Can't remember name of restaurant but we ordered fried plantain.... it was so.......good!!!
We enjoyed Altun Ha the most... they encouraged drinking beer on the bus trip... it was a lot of fun.
Don't Miss: Altun Ha
I was irritated that with the Xcaret shore excursion I had NO time for shopping in Cozumel. I had waiting especially to shop in Cozumel but was whisked back on the tender boat. Xcaret is wonderful though....
Don't Miss: Xcaret
Don't Miss: Xcaret
Don't Miss: Altun Ha

Pros: Staff

Cons: Soda Program/Not enough time for shopping in ports

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? Yes!