Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

a disapointment

Sail Date: February 17, 2008

Traveled As: Family w/young children

on the second day of the cruise with my family my 8 year old son steped on a broken tile in the kids pool and we spend two hours in the doctors office. The doctor said that he had removed all that was in his foot. For five days of the cruise my son would be limping for all the excursions wich brought us alot off discomfort because we would and them early because he would be in pain. On the fifth day we stoped at Cozemal and we went to Paradise beach which I recomend highly and we did swimming all day which the sea water helped my son to open his wound and when we went to our rooms my wife and I took a twizer and picked on the wound and pulled a piece of tile that was in his foot that the doctors told us there was nothing in it. The other things I was dissapointed in was we are a family of five and for us to do the excursions tru Norwegian was very expensive so we had booked them thru the internet and we saved about $150 every time but we were never told that we would have to wait for 3 hours on the ship for the people that have booked their excursions thru Norwegian to get off the ship first then we would be allowed to leave the ship, which at that point the taxis would begone and we would have to wait for them to return and that would limit us on time and we would have to rush through the excursion and we had the fear that we would be left behind because on the first one we allmost missed the ship because of all the delays, thankfully of another familly was having the same issue that day and the lady had rushed back and would not allow the crew of the ship to close the doors until her family had gotten back from the excursion and thats how we got on board. On my last complaint we were never told that Norwegian would be charging us $10 for adults and $5 for kids under 12 a day for what they called services for a total of $240 at hte end of the week while we were tiping thru the intere cruise so that was a BIG SURPRISE at the end.

Pros: the staff were friendly

Cons: the last day at sea pool had no water

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? No.

the buffet was terrible but the resturants were great for an additional charge
the staff were clening all the time
the window treatment had blood about two inches long
they knew my kids names and ours
we spend the day on Paradise beach it was awsome
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
we did zip lining and the staff were very good
Belize City, Belize
we went cave tubing and it was great but he had to rush back because of the fear of the ship leaving.
Belize City, Belize