Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A few firsts on our 12th cruise

Sail Date: February 24, 2007

I felt like I was on a floating mall. Around every corner there is some kind of goods being offered. The retail areas have spread throughout the ship. This ship is in need of a complete overhaul. Theship vibrates when under way like it has something bent in the props.

Pros: The days at sea

Cons: free style cruising

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? No.

I had a few firsts on this cruise. It was the first time I was pushed from the elevator enterance by cruise staff with an empty cart. It was the first time my water glass wasn't filled throughout a whole meal. It was the first time that I could not find the correct directions to get on the tender to leave the ship. It was the first time that the photo lab workers lied to my father to make a sale. ......should I go on?
This ship was built for the asian market. This makes it very hard to enter the toilet area and the shower area in the stateroom. (enterance is way too small) the ship is old and in need of an overhaul.
The food was wonderful and the variety was acceptable. You cant convince me that "freestyle" is good for the guests or the dining room workers.
There were only a couple of shows out of the the 8 that were worth going to. The liars club was painful to watch. The shipindales was discustingly rawnchy.....It didn't belong on a cruise ship. My wife was shocked that there was contact.
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
The island tour was alot of fun.
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
The island tour was alot of fun.
Samana, Dominican Republic
Get a cab and go to the beaches. It is a long cab ride but well worth the time.
Don't Miss: The beaches
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
We did our own thing in St Thomas. We found alot of NON jewlery shops down-town.
Don't Miss: The Island tour and The Happy Buzzard Bar downtown
Samana, Dominican Republic
Get a cab and go to the beaches. It is a long cab ride but well worth the time.
Don't Miss: The beaches