Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Norwegian Screwup

Sail Date: October 12, 2008

We arrived at New York Port and was directed to wait in a long line. We waited 2 1/2 hours standing on concrete. I had reccommended this NCL to the couple with us. We were exhusted by the time we moved up in the line. We had pre-registered as requested by , but were told by NCL we didn't have tickets. We were allowed to go through the security line by agents looking at our pre-registeration, but our friends were sent back to a ticket desk. Then our friends were told to go up through security with the papers they were given. As they started up to the security agent a NCL personnel yelled at them to get to the back of the 2 1/2 waiting line again. By this time our friends were pretty fed up and told the agent they were sick and tired of waiting. So after a lengthly discussion they were permitted to go to security. We were waiting for them on the other side of security. They were very upset and I felt responsible as I had planned the trip. This was much too long of a wait. My friends were treated very rudely. We are all senior citizens and my husband has a heart condition and several other serious health conditions. My friend's wife also has health problems. This was a very unhappy boarding. I'm very dissappointed in this and embarrassed for reccommending NCL.
The disembarment was a long wait again as another NCL ship was in port and again we waited 2 hours to get off the ship. My husband has twisted his knee on the cruise and had to be taken out by wheelchair. I would not reccommend this NCL ship.

Pros: The food was great as was the entertainment

Cons: We waiting 2 1/2 hours to board the ship in New York, standing on concrete.

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? No.

The stateroom was very clean. It could have been a little larger. Our location was great.
We wanted to eat at the same time each evening and have the same waiter and was told by our waiter we could do this. We were eating in the Windows Dinning Room. When calling reservations we were told this was not allowed for a party of 4 as they never knew how long anyone was going to be eating. I suggested that we would make a reservation at the beginning of the dinner hour so we would be first to use the table we wanted and was refused. We requested this a second time and was refused. We did go to the Garden Dinning room on the 3rd night and were allowed to make reservations there for the remainer of the curise.
We enjoyed the entertainment!
Saint John, New Brunswick
We again took a private tour and enjoyed it very much.
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
Martha's Vineyard was a quaint city. We again wanted a private tour, but was told they didn't have taxi's for that purpose. My husband started on board as he couldn't walk that far. I'm glad we seen Martha's Vineyard, but wouldn't go back.
Halifax, Nova Scotia
We enjoyed Halifax, Nova Scotia. We hired a private guide and had an excellent tour of Halifax. We enjoyed the history and the beauty. What a clean and beautiful city.
Boston, Massachusetts
We had a private tour and enjoyed Boston a great deal. Again we enjoyed the history of Boston. The Old North Church was touching, Ironside was too crowed to board, but we admired it from a distance. We went to Quincy Market and it was interesting.