Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Second Mate

Disappointed

Sail Date: May 05, 2014

Many crew members seem to act more like Nazis then friendly people.  Bed was very uncomfortable, we had to have 2 pads put on to make it somewhat ok.  Rooms are super small.  Food was okay but there were some items that were terrible.  They closed the back bar very early forcing you into the pool area where they played the music very loud even though there were only 12 of us in there!  (Not talking about the White Hot Party Night).  I found activites hard to find the times and what was going on.  Price dropped alot and was only given 25% on board credit to make up the difference then on the ship found out the price dropped even more.  Food selection was very limited.  One night all 3 of their "new" appitizers had onions in it for example.  I didn't eat one dessert that I wanted to eat again and I usually eat 2 desserts on cruises.  Do not order what they call "Rib Eye Steak", you will get an 1/8" cut of meat which is better suited for a steak sandwich.  Most of the staff was good but the nazis made it tough to deal with.

Limited choices, bad desserts and steak, rest was only ok
Very small.
I had a hard time reading their schedule. I found out later things were on the ship that I had no idea existed.
I booked excursions on my own and they were fabulous! Was not impressed by Great Stirrup Cay and our excursion there was cancelled.
Miami, Florida
Went on a cruise before hand around Miami and it was great!
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Went to Paradise Cove, Deadman's Reef and it was awesome snorkeling and service! Highly Recommend.
Went to Sandy Toes on Rose Island and it was awesome destination and great service! Highly Recommend
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Small beach and basically you have to pay to get shade.

The back bar area is great except after 9pm because it is closed.