Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Third Mate

This was a hit and a miss for us....

Sail Date: December 01, 2014

The norwegian Pearl look good in paper, tobogan, rock climbing and Bowling... mmmm Lets see, the Tobogan does not exist, the Rock wall was closed, the Bowling was 7 dollars a person per game, really?  The Port of France (Martinique) was the WORST port ever that we had before even worst than Grand Turk, lol. People really dont want tourists there, hard to buy things if you dont have Euros and they were very rude. The cruise was median age 60+ and we are people in the middle 40s. So, as you see not too much fun, the first 3 days this cruise was a Ghost Cruise, lol, everything in the pool deck was out and no one around. Coming from the Norwegian Sun and Star we expected more fun like those cruises, nah...  Norwegian dont have the Lobster night anymore, no more Fillet Mignon anymore and some nice dishes are now regular dishes and even Carnival is now having better food.

Ports like Antigua, nice port, we did a excursion in a taxi, around the city, also over the beach and was a nice experience for 24.00 a person, 5 hrs.

Tortola, was ok but not our preference and St Kitts is a nice place for Beach time and Diving.

St Thomas is a nice island too.

Norwegian Pearl is not my favorite Ship, so far being in 6 different ships i will put them in number 5 just before the Carnival Sensation. I normally learn the ships really fast and this one was complicated. The food in the Indigo room was like being with Mechanic Robots, people dont talk, even the Servers, Summer Palace was better but you will not have a fun experience where everyone laugh, talk and enjoy, I have the serious dinners at work, why I do want to have that in vacation time? I think is because the people were 60+ and everyone was looking at us like weird people (having fun)lol.

I did have better cruise experience in the Norwegian Sun ( A Major BLAST!!!!) and the STAR.

If you are under 50 years old, just book another cruise because this ship will be a dissapointed experience for you. The Jacuzzis were HOT hot all the time, except the last 2 days, people were seating outside them just with their legs inside.

The Shows were ok., the Comedian is ok, he use the people to do his comedies, wich is ok but seems like there is no material there.

The Cast was ok, not really good singers, they did try.  The what a night show was good. But we see the same show in the Norwegian Sun, Exactly the same.

Weird Layout, Atrium was nothing wow.
I got sick the first night.
Ariel our Steward, is our Cruise hero. and Olga from Peru. Server in the Summer Palace was the only server that really took time to know us and interact with us, make us feel like we were with friends, the rest of the staff, mmmmm nope!
Not a wow thing, not impressed.
No kids
There are activities but I think this cruise has too many old people onboard was not really good for us.
I did not book anything in the ship (40+) more expensive.
Miami, Florida
We know miami very well, FUN!
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
For beach time ok, but if you want to like see what is in town, will be dissapointed.
St. John's, Antigua
Nice trip there, Excursion with Taxi guy was amazing, beach time good.
Fort-De-France, Martinique
I hope i will never go to this island ever again. We were a group of 12 people and we all agreed in the same. The people there think that we are not worth it or our money is not good. They are Rude, they just dont like tourists, unless you speak frech and have Euros.
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Nice beach, good excursions.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Always a good place to go!

If you are 50 or less, please go to another ship. Dont expect servers to be laughing or joking, this ship is toooooooo serious. I feel i was in my office. lol.