Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Worst Cruise Ever And I Have Gone on 10!

Sail Date: September 01, 2013

Cabin: 4724

I was scammed day 1 in their spa when I went to a free consultation that did not include a full verbal and written disclosure of the costs. That discussion never took place I was asked to consent to the treatment if I liked what I saw and heard why wait, just go ahead and treat myself to something that was sure to brighten my appearance. I signed and initialed consent forms that were quickly given to me that had prices on them but they were covered or not there until after I signed but the prices were not talked about or disclosed prior to the treatment but after the treatment when I was asked to sign my credit card slip there were charges of almost $2600 glaring at me!!! I shouted how could you NOT do a breakdown or discussion of something that costs this much!!! I said I would immediately go to guest svcs to dispute and report the whole thing. I had no idea a cruise ship offered services that literally costs more than the cost of my trip. I expect spa prices as a spa and if they had treatments that were not standard or typical of what one gets at a spa that they should post them, talk about such and not hide those costs but to be upfront so a person does not waste their time or get in over their head. I was on vacation I was leaving all worries behind and just going to get some much need rest and recharge. I was not there to be taken advantaged of but that is what took place and this cruiseline did nothing to quickly resolve the situation. They treated me like a criminal and froze my account so I went all week not being able to purchase not even a coca cola or tube of toothpaste or things for my kids that were on board with me. I asked to get off at the first port vs sail all week and be miserable and they had no satisfaction guarantee policy as other lines do so if I disembarked it would have cost me about $2500 in penalties I was stuck. Their food was not tasty either and that is usually the best part about a cruise.
Cabin / Stateroom super small
10 yr old program was not adequate it was bunched with little ones
Nothing really to do movies on tv were played over and over

Just not a good one to go on. They did separate the teens but the other age groups were lumped together. The food was bland and lacked variance it is way better on other lines. Their spa offers a treatment for aging that costs $2600 beware!!!! They do not post it or advertise this crazy prize.