Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Lots of fun, but better cruise lines out there

Sail Date: August 25, 2013

We had a great time on this cruise. I have been on a few other cruise lines in the past and have always enjoyed them.

Some things we didn't like as much:

-No assigned seating at dinner meant that there was a wait some nights before we got our seats (and you likely will never get the same waiter twice, which is something I liked having in previous cruises)
-The food was nothing to brag about. Some nights were great, other nights were hard to find appetizing dishes
-The required tipping policy. I understand that this is probably the best way to do things since your waiters and such are constantly changing, but I felt that the service wasn't as good (didn't go above and beyond) since they already knew what their tip was going to be at the end of the cruise.

For the price that we paid, we could excuse most of the parts of the cruise that we didn't enjoy. It was my wife's first cruise and she had a great time. I recommend this cruise line when you're on a budget and alternative cruise lines (Royal Caribbean, Princess, and Carnival) are out of that budget.

If you like sushi, they have a restaurant that is a la carte pricing, but is fairly cheap.

As with all cruises, do not buy your excursions on board. They are extremely overpriced. One of the whale watching excursion sales guys offered 1/4 the price (the cruise ship charges) to us.