Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Great cruise if you are Gluten Free/BEYOND fantastic scenery

Sail Date: July 28, 2013

If you are gluten free, this is a great cruise. The staff was very willing to help with a gluten free diet, answering questions and asking the chef to talk to me about the ingredients in the food. the managers in the restuarants were also very helpful. I am very sensitive and was able to enjoy the food and NOT get sick. Norwegian has a chocolate buffet and there were even two gluten free desserts! I appreciated their attention to detail.
The scenery on this cruise is unbelievable! We spent most of our sailing days just sitting on the back of the ship enjoying the mountains, the shoreline, the icecaps. Excursions to the Mendenhall Glacier and the White Pass Railroad were fantastic. Cruising Glacier Bay was spectacular. We saw and heard a glacier calving.
Overall, it was a great experience!! We have cruised Royal Caribean and Princess and I did not experience the attention to my gluten free diest that I did on the Norwegian Pearl.
The only public area that could have used more attention were the bathrooms. Otherwise the ship appeared spotless.
Great attention to gluten free diet with knowledgeable staff and chefs.
bathroom nice size... stateroom could have been slightly larger.
cheerful, pleasant, helpful
Enjoyed the nightly shows
Seattle, Washington
Juneau, Alaska
Enjoyed hatchery (salmon were running) and Mandenhall Glacier
Skagway, Alaska
Loved the railroad! Easy shopping
Ketchikan, Alaska
Totems were interesting. Shopping was easy.
Victoria, British Columbia

Chocolate buffet is really fun.... have someone in your party find a seat so you have somewhere to sit when you finally get your food.

1 Comment