Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Alaksa was awesome. Norwegian could have done better... (2.5 stars really)

Sail Date: May 26, 2013

I had always read that Carnival was not the best cruise line (I've taken several) so we decided on Norwegian. When I stepped on the Norwegian ship, I was expecting it to be better than Carnival. I was disappointed. Alaska, of course, is an excellent destination. But the Norwegian Pearl was not great. The food was ok - definitely not great. The service was fine - definitely not great. The freestyle dining means that you don't make any personal relationships with the wait staff - which is a shame! Plus, the food is just like you would get at a Denny's. Now, before you say anything - I love Denny's. So, I'm not saying the food was BAD, it was just not great. The ships activities were fun - very good entertainment. And the trip itinerary was wonderful and the shore excursions were great. So mainly, the food and service were not up to Carnival standards.
Definitely not great. I was disappointed.