Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Great time on the Pearl!

Sail Date: May 16, 2010

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Extremely clean. The staff was so friendly...always smiling, always offering help. I was very impressed with that.

Plenty of activities.

And most of all, we never felt pressured to do or not do anything.
Magnificent!

Pros: Freestyle, Freestyle, and um...Freestyle!

Cons: The mexican restaurant was horrible, terrible food, and the service was worse. Everything else was great!

Recommends Norwegian Pearl? Yes!

I think they need to relax their policy about age groups. My grandson was just 2 weeks shy of his 13th birthday, but they made him stay with the 10-12 year olds. I think they should all kids within a month of their birthday to join the older kids, with parental consent. It was a dissapointment as he's very mature for his age.
The Cruise Director Andy is a hoot, and he did a great job pumping up everyone for all the events without bing pushy. I really appreciated the daily write-up they provided us to make us aware of all the activities.
Convenient access to everything.
and did I say, the Freestyle was a big plus??
With the exception of the Mexican Restaurant it was great. BIG PROPS to Cagney's Steakhouse. It was our Pearl Anniversary (30 years) and the entire staff came out and sang "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" to my wife and I. They presented us with a beautiful cake as well. FIRST CLASS!
Immaculate! that's all there is to say!
Absolutely wonderful people.
We really enjoyed the diversity too! We met people from the Phillipines, Nicaragua, Peru, Kayman Islands, etc.
Victoria, British Columbia
the 2bl decker bus tour was a disappointment. First words out of the driver's mouth was, "there really isn't a whole lot to see here." I thought it was a joke but he was right. We spent 80 bucks to drive around a few blocks and get very little info. Next time I'll skip this port.
Skagway, Alaska
The train ride and gold panning.
Juneau, Alaska
Fun time panning for (salted) gold. LOL Salmon bake was great!
Don't Miss: Not sure. The gold panning was fun, but once is enough for me.