problems with the state room flooding

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Alaska & Glacier Bay (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 16, 2010
Ship: Norwegian Pearl
I awoke at 0500am to find 1/2 inch of water on the floor of the cabin. I called the front dest to inform them. Approx 30 minutes later they sent someone to check on it and about an hour later sent a clean up crew. I asked to be transfered to another room. I was told that they would put me up in another room for the night that the room would be dry that evening and the I could return to my room. I asked who could transfer me and they told me they would check to see. I asked when would I know since they said no one was on duty that could make that decision. They replyed they didnt know. I asked would it be 6 hours, 8 hours 10 hours and they said they couldnt answer that question. After coming back from a on shore visit aound 5 pm I called and again asked for a transfer to a new room. At that time they repeated that I could stay the night in another room but would have to return to my old room. But that they would give me a free dinner in one of their pay resturants. I did not want to move temporary so we stay in the room with two blowers and one dehumiderfier. So loud we could not talk or even hear the TV or phone. Next morning I went to talk to them eye to eye, and they then gave me a new room and of course a free dinner. Very dissapointed the way they handled the flooding of the room. Also two or three other rooms were also flooded next to ours. Only manitenance crews came to talk to me. Will not be use a NCL again.

Great shipboard director

Excellent except when there was an issue with the flooded room. Also I cant beleive they couldnt handle the problem with a couple of hours.

Rooms were good to average also room cleaning staff excellent
Same small town can see it all in 1.5 hours
Very small town wasnt impressed
Same small town not much to do

Pros: service staff

Cons: slow to respond to complaint, ie flooded staterooms

Recommends Norwegian Pearl? No.