Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Looked forward to this cruise, but

Sail Date: May 18, 2008

My overall impression of the ship when I first saw it was wow, this is going to be a great adventure, our first vacation in several years, and also celebrating our 31st anniversary. Unfortunately this was not meant to be.

Pros: Newer ship, everything looks new

Cons: Bad service, food etc

Recommends Norwegian Pearl? No.

The quality of the food and restaurants in my opinion was very poor. They had just had several voyages with outbreaks of the Norwalk Virus, so were serving food to all the passengers with not enough staff to cover this. This meant very long lines and bad seating when you eventually did get your food.
The size of the ship seemed impressive, the decor was very nice, I liked the color choices made. I must say the ship was kept very clean.
The stateroom was ok, we had three to a room, the bed that came out of the wall was not that great, but my daughter did not seem to mind. The bathroom was ok the shower had good pressure.
The ship staff seemed friendly enough, the serving staff did not seem to smile at all, and appeared to be letting everyone know how they felt about serving people. The people who bused the tables seemed to be a lot happier than most.
The entertainment on board was average, some of the shows were o.k others were dreadful and tacky. Simon the cruise director coming over the intercom every few minutes it seemed was becoming very annoying, other passengers were making so much fun of his voice.
Cannot comment on this, other passengers that had children on board seemed to think they were fairly adequate.
Ketchikan, Alaska
This place is much better than Skagway. Much bigger town, not so much to do though, but more interesting.
Victoria, British Columbia
I loved this place, unfortunately you don't spend enough time here 6 pm until midnight does not give you any time to do excursions.
Juneau, Alaska
Did not have enough time in Juneau, this was one place they could have given us more time.
Skagway, Alaska
Skagway is a waste of time really, you spend a whole day there on this cruise, not enough to do.