Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Mexico

First time on NCL

Sail Date: January 17, 2016

My adult children and I had a great cruise on NCL Jewel to the Mexican Riviera. I had just sailed on Princess on the same route with my girlfriend so it was fun to compare. Iliked the food a bit better on Princess and I liked that they kept the portions small. I did not like the a la carte dining. I opted for the 3 specialty restaurant package at $70 per person. We ate twice at Le Bistro because it was by far the classiest. Cagneys was our other choice and had filet mignon and lobster which was great. Confusing liquor policy but I got three bottles on board with a corckage fee of $15 each. I like Princess' policy better with one free bottle per adult.

I HATED Princess' giant outdoor video screen at the pool that seemed always at ear splitting decibels. If I want to zone out and watch TV all day I'll staty at home. The giant screen could be a deal breaker which my prevent me from ever going on Princess(or any other ship with these obnoxious screens) again.

NCL seems a great deal at first but they do tend to charge for a lot of extras. A great cruise none the less

A bit small for three. Wish th extra bed had come down from the ceiling. I could not get to the balcony when the 3rd bed was made
San Pedro (Los Angeles), California
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Mazatlan, Mexico
Next time we will head to Deer Island. It looks cool and not too far away
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico