Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Mexico

Some parts mediocre

Sail Date: December 20, 2015

Room Type: Suite

The itinerary was great, but the ship service was sometimes lacking.

Cabin service:  Despite a silly "Hello Mr Dye, what can I do for you" every time he saw me, the cabin attendant took his sweet time fulfilling requests for turndown service when my wife and I were sick and wanted to go to bed .  Considering we were paying $40 a day for cabin service (3 people), we expected better.

Bussing tables: Tables were left messy long after people had departed.  I wanted to sit at a table astern on the rail to watch the sunset.  All the tables were messy.  I asked a steward if I could use one and he said to wait until he cleaned it up.  He never came back to clean it up even though I saw him behind the bar chatting with ship personnel.

Main auditorium shows in evening:  Only 30-40 minutes long, too short for good ones and too long for mediocre ones.  About a 50% ratio on quality.

Already covered in main comments.
No lectures on the ports; too much emphasis on ship selling activities and partner shopping.
San Pedro (Los Angeles), California
Could have better directions on parking and luggage handling. Porters hustled tips and didn't tell you how to do it yourself.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Let people know they have to fight through tour sellers for 300 yards.
Mazatlan, Mexico
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
No information readily available on getting downtown on your own.