Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Good food, stupid rules

Sail Date: July 04, 2015

My wife, son (20), daughter (15) and myself wanted to take a cruise and have the same the same cabin arrangement as we had on a recent cruise on Princess: my wife & I in 1 cabin, my son & daughter in a second adjoining cabin. No big deal, right? Well, it is to Norweigian Cruise Lines (NCL), and what a hassle it was through our trip. Norweigian requires that at least 1 person in each cabin be at least 21 years old. We found out why: there's an "honor bar" in each room. Why Norweigian can't remove the alcohol from cabins booked with only minors is beyond me. I understand that you don't want 2 10 year olds in a cabin together alone, but 20 & 15? Princess's policy is at least 1 person must be at least 18, which seems reasonable, and there's no "honor bar" to deal with. What a pain in the neck. Give me a Princess cruise any day.