Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great time on Norwegian however buyer beware of 18% gratuity for Spa treatments!

Sail Date: January 24, 2015

We stayed on the 10th floor in a balcony and it was wonderful to sleep with the slider open to hear the waves and to view the Caribbean from the comfort of our room.  We chose Norwegian because of the fun activities and great food choices. The only two things to note for future passengers are the following:  There is a hard sell on 'looking 10 yrs younger' and unfortunately, as a first time client to looking younger, I was not aware of the cost and therefore overpaid on the services... and on top of that received unnecessary treatments and on top of that was charged 18% gratuity.  After arriving back in California and researching the costs, I now realize that the treatment itself was overcharged by $525 and I paid $432 for gratuity!  Unfortunately I was talked into doing this treatment and  'not one person' has noticed anything different about me! Goes to show that I spent $2832 for basically nothing.    The other thing to note is 'do not attend any presentation in Cozumel for Royal Park Hotel - also known as Royal-Holiday (vacation timeshare/points = SCAM).  Unfortunately, we spent 4 hours in a hotel area saying 'no thanks' and missed out a lot on sightseeing in Cozumel.  We succumbed to buying into the 'deal' which started out at $32K and we finally signed at $1950 - when we got back to the ship to review the documents that were given to us 'AFTER' we signed, we realized we had to cancel... but we had already left the port.  We then had to locate a post office in Belize to try to send the package back to Mexico to cancel within the 5 day timeframe - good luck with that!  We paid $55 to send the docs express mail, we were issued a 'tracking#' and it has yet to show up in CORREOSDEMEXICO' website.  Royal-Holiday has not confirmed our cancellation, and we have no idea where the package is that we sent.

As I said - our trip on Norwegian was lots of fun - but don't get SPA treatments unless you want to overpay... and don't get scammed by buying ANYTHING at a port.

don't get pushed into 'looking 10 years younger' and over pay by $1000! rip-off!