First time on Norwegian

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Western Caribbean (Houston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 25, 2014
Ship: Norwegian Jewel
Cabin Type: Suite

We are veteran cruisers on Carnival and Royal Caribbean and heard many good things about Norwegian and were excited that they had returned to Texas.  It ship was very nice, the mini-suite was wonderful and  the food in the  cafe buffet was excellent.  The man singing the different washy washy songs as you went into the buffet was wonderful and creative.  The entertainment was the best we have experienced while cruising.  I would have rated this cruise 5 star except for one thing.

Now I am not homophobic as I have several gay and lesbian friends, but I wish I had known this was the 13th Annual GLBT Halloween cruise I could have been better prepared for the pack mentality of some of the larger groups running around the ship and being overtly loud and boisterous.

I thought the food on the lines was comparable to the food in the formal dining rooms.

We did not participate in many as we were there for relaxation and time together.

Best I have experienced.

This was the best room we have ever been in. My wife loved the thick sound and light restricting curtains were fabulous.

The decor was very upscale.

Get the mini-suite for sure.

Like the new Port facilities
Been there done that.
We stayed on the ship to relax.
Was not your fault the torrential rains the day before filled the harbor with silt so the boat could not get to shore.