HoneyMoon

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 02, 2014
Ship: Norwegian Jewel

The overall cruise was wonderful. I think the excursions booked through the cruise line are over priced. I have been on serveral crusies in the past and usually get off the ship and work with the locals on the excursions. I usually see and do more for the money. Since it was my first time to some of these ports I thought I would trust the cruise line to book the excursiona nd give me the info. As we later found out , it would have been much cheaper for the same excursion through the local companies. I feel the cruise line does an increadible job for the money and all the ammenities that they have on board. We did several events on board for extra money. I just think the cruise line has to make money in everything you do on the ship and on the excursions. Too greedy. I will book all my excursions through the locals if I cruise again. I would recommend Norweigen above most of the other lines. I would just recommend to book your excursions through the local economy and let them keep the money verses the cruise lines, it costs less and you'll have a better time.

for the age it was fine. They were doing some up grades while on board but never inconviencied us.

Snorkeling or Diving
We went with a group of nine and we all did something different and the only excursion that seemed worth the money ws the Dolphin Adventure.