Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

HoneyMoon

Sail Date: February 02, 2014

The overall cruise was wonderful. I think the excursions booked through the cruise line are over priced. I have been on serveral crusies in the past and usually get off the ship and work with the locals on the excursions. I usually see and do more for the money. Since it was my first time to some of these ports I thought I would trust the cruise line to book the excursiona nd give me the info. As we later found out , it would have been much cheaper for the same excursion through the local companies. I feel the cruise line does an increadible job for the money and all the ammenities that they have on board. We did several events on board for extra money. I just think the cruise line has to make money in everything you do on the ship and on the excursions. Too greedy. I will book all my excursions through the locals if I cruise again. I would recommend Norweigen above most of the other lines. I would just recommend to book your excursions through the local economy and let them keep the money verses the cruise lines, it costs less and you'll have a better time.

for the age it was fine. They were doing some up grades while on board but never inconviencied us.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Belize City, Belize
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Snorkeling or Diving
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
We went with a group of nine and we all did something different and the only excursion that seemed worth the money ws the Dolphin Adventure.