Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Norwegian Jewel - 1/5/14

Sail Date: January 05, 2014

Room Type: Suite

Cruise was ok. Food in the main dining room was fair at best. Dinner at Cagney's was great!! Service was good and the ship was fine. Food in the buffet was good, great selections. The evening shows were very good. My main complaint would be the parking for private vehicles. The directions to the parking lot were inadequate and the signage poor. I ended up in the parking garage for the nearby hotel and it cost $10.00 to get out and another 30 minutes to try to find out where I was supposed to park. When we got back after the cruise the car was covered with some type of residue that was extremely difficult to remove. Water had no effect on it and it took hours of hard scrubbing to remove - terrible - !!! I'm afraid the parking experience sort of soured us on NCL. We took a shore excursion # BZEN08 to the Lamanai Ruins & River Safari. I think it was rated a 2 for difficulty. For 2 senior citizens I think it should have been rated a 4. One of our fellow guests commented that other than a root canal it was the worst experience in her life. I should mention that the weather was bad, rainey and cold. I'm sure that contributed to the bad experience.

Roads were terrible

The fish in the carpet design are swimming toward the bow of the ship. That helps so you don't walk the wrong way.