Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Disappointing Cruise

Sail Date: December 12, 2008

This was our 3rd trip on NCL Jewel. We had always loved it, but this year it has really goen down hill. The food was horrible & actually the buffet had better food then the restaurant. We did have a wonderful meal at Tango's, which used to be free, but now charges $10.00 per person. Our cabin carpet was filthy & so was the couch. (I asked for a sheet to cover it.) Dishes were not removed from the cabin & fruit was not replaced as noted in their brochure. Our travel agen sent us a bottle of wine, which was delivered with an opener, but no glasses to drink from. I mentioned this to the room steward, but they never arrived. My birthday & 47th anniversary was during this cruise, which my travel agent notified them of, but it was completey ignored. I was very disappointed this year.

Pros: My husband loved the Casino

Cons: Our cabin was not cleaned properly, carpet had large dirt spots, couch was dirty & used dishes were not removed everyday.

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? No.

St. John's, Antigua
Bridgetown, Barbados
Cayo Levantado (Samana), Dominican Republic
You are constantly accosted by childern trying to sell you something or shiine your shoes. It was very annoying.
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
Castries, St. Lucia