Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Another great cruise!

Sail Date: March 11, 2007

The ship was very well decorated, clean, and easy to find your way around.

Pros: cleanliness of ship and friendly staff

Cons: lack of trays in the buffet lines to carry food

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? Yes!

Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
It was very windy the day we arrived and when we decided to take the ferry over, the Captain was discouraging people who hadnt left yet not to go because of rough seas...therefore we didnt visit this port
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Must see - the port of Charlotte Amalie itself, all the beaches are great, the shopping is the best in the caribbean, and you are just a short ride to St Johns. The only downside is the cruise line needs to extend the time spent in St Thomas. There is too much to do with shopping and hitting the beaches, and not enough time to do it all.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I dont really care for San Juan. There really isnt much shopping in the area around the port and certainly no beaches. After you have seen the Bacardi rum factory once, there really isnt much to do unless you like to gamble in one of the hotel casinos. I have never liked the time frame the cruise lines use at this port (getting in around noon and leaving around 7pm)
Don't Miss: nothing for me but I would say the bacardi rum factory and El Moro fortress
San Juan, Puerto Rico
St. John's, Antigua
The beach we went to was beautiful but unfortunately, it began raining and rained all day while we were in Antigua so we went back to the ship.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas