Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

NCL - Freestyle is too expensive

Sail Date: November 23, 2007

Beautiful and clean ship but poor service staff (except for Luminata our WONDERFUL server in the main dining room)

We ate at Cagney's and Le Bistro, the two most expensive upgrades, the quality and selection were worse than the mail dining room. The Oysters Rockefeller stand out as being the worst we ever had from ANYWHERE. The "Tex-Mex" restaurant was horrible, however the Tapas Bar (upcharge) were the highlight of the food and quite good. We never ate at Chin-CHin on either side but I did eat at the sushi bar which was good for the reasonable upcharge but not great.

I wouldn't go back

Pros: Ship board cleanliness

Cons: Food quality/service

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? No.

see above
We had one good server and we hunted her down 3 nights out of our voyage to make sure we got good service. I tipped her additionally to reward the behavior I thought I was paying for in my "fixed 10/person per day" She made 60 dollars form us and it was the best money I spent on the trip
The antibacterial spray Nazi's made me crazy, I had one of the hostesses chase me down yelling "sir, sir SIR!!" because I didn't let her spray my hands before I went through the buffet line for breakfast. (I had just stepped from the shower and was clean and shiney so no lives were actually risked)

EVERYWHERE you went except the Casino you were accosted with hand disenfectant. It was spooky. If it's THAT dangerous to be on a cruise I don't want to go. I am sure that NCL won't see me again.
Let's face it. SHipboard entertainment is like military justice everywhere. Oxymoronic.
Beautiful and spotless. THey forgot the top sheet for our bed 2 nights out of 10 which made my wife crazy but it was a terrific room