Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Anniversary trip

Sail Date: April 02, 2016

I was a little disappointed in the ship itself. The ship wasn't as clean as I would have liked and the some of the staff were not the best but the ports made it a trip to remember! We stayed in cabin 10140 we had a balcony with a beautiful view! The food was the worst I have had on any cruise I have been on. I think because our gratuity was prepaid that the service lacked. The shows were ok but we really enjoyed a couple. We absolutely loved the younger men that worked in the photograph department. Kevin Ada was just a doll and was very good at his job. I am taking the Greece cruise in 2 weeks on the same ship with a bunch of girlfriends and I am hoping it will be much better starting the season in their new Greece ports. The gift shop didn't have a lot of merchandise because it was the last cruise in the western Caribbean before heading out.

Cruise Photos

Again I think because it was the last cruise of the Caribbean before leaving and our tips being prepaid it was ok.
Ours both went by very without any problems at all! Boarding the ship we walked in without any wait and leaving we had about a 15 minute wait so I think that is wonderful.
It was ok.. IThe main dinning room was not very clean. The walls that the tables were by had food all over them and my husband cleaned ours when we were seated by a wall. The towels for the pools were stained all over. Just stuff like this.
We LOVED the destinations! It was the best vacation spots I have been and I have traveled to some beautiful places. We booked only 1 from the ship and really loved the excursions that we found from our travel agent. I really think that they should add an excursion at Chankanaab Park in Cozumel we spent the day here and got a couples massage on the beach and it was amazing! We also snorkeled and had a great lunch. We loved the Cave-tubbing and Zip-lining @ www.cavetubingbztours in Belize it was my all time favorite. We booked our Roatan excursion with the ship and it was the Jolly Roger catamaran that was very nice.
We enjoyed the shows.
I had some great service and not so great service but Kevin Ada in the photography department was just great! He had to take pictures everyday because we had 50 free pictures with our cruise package and he made it really fun for my husband and myself.
Food was just ok very bland and under seasoned. We had the four night dinner package and think that service was lacking because we prepaid our tips.
Houston, Texas
We flew in the night before and stayed at the George Washington Marroitt and it was a super easy process to find the tram to the hotel. The rooms were super clean and the transfer to the ship the next morning couldn't have been any smoother!
We went to Chankanaab Park in Cozumel and this was highly recommended and we just loved it. You pay one price and that gets you into the park, the rental of snorkeling gear and a couples massage on the beach. The ship did not offer this but they should because it is that good!
Belize City, Belize
We did the cavetubingbztours tour and it was 75.00 per person and that included both the zip lining and the cave tubes, bus rides to and from and a nice lunch. The only thing was they said that free wifi came with the tour and while you ate lunch you could connect and we could never connect. Zip lining at the top of the rain forest was just beautiful! Our guides were so knowledgeable and they were very concerned about safety and explaining everything until you felt comfortable to jump off that first platform. I didn't want it to end and after that we went to do the second part which was those beautiful caves! Just breathtaking! Can't wait to go back.
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras Jolly Rogers Catamaran was pretty awesome too! We took a ride in a air conditioned bus to the other side of the island and waiting about 15 minutes for the boat to come back from its earlier voyage. We got our equipment and went snorkeling in just the bluest clear water and the reef is clean and beautiful! The guide caught a sea turtle and a bunch of star fish that I have never seen before and we snorkeled for over an hour then got back onto the boat where they had a lunch waiting for us which was just ok.. They offered water, sodas and rum punch and I thought a really nice thing they do is take pictures the entire time and then email them to you so you get pictures of the whole trip. I that it was a great day!

The bartender at the Jasmine Restaurant was just the best. I wish I could remember his name but the Wasabi cocktail was so good! The warm chocolate volcano desert that was served in serval restaurants was amazing! And the Filet Mignon at Cagneys was just the best thing ever!