Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Norwegian Jade

Sail Date: March 19, 2016

I felt that the customer service of many of the crew members was less than desirable. Called and requested ice the first evening aboard the ship, never received it.  I purchased 2 cabins that had 2 different cabin stewards assigned. The one argued with me and told me I had to go find the other one to answer my question. Changed cabin steward. We had 3 families that went and when we checked in each family was given different instructions at check in. Lack of organization when disembarking the cruise ship for cruise paid excursion, would call our group then tell us no, first time she called our group half of us were down the gangplank to board the tender before we were stopped by other members of our group and told she changed the group to go on that particular tender. Wait staff in Blue Lagoon and in the Grand Pacific were less than desirable, most nights in Grand Pacific we were not even offered drinks. The one night one table in our group was offered and received drinks and we were not. Several statements were made that for several members of the crew it was there last cruise before vacation. In my opinion that was evident. Mario our 2nd cabin steward was wonderful! We finally just finished our "formal" dining in the Alizar, where the wait staff was attentive to passengers, the second night we were the bartender had already memorized our drink orders. Port calls were enjoyable staff on the docks were friendly. "Washy-Washy" who was spraying hand sanitizer was fun.

Cruise Photos

Room was larger than I had anticipated
Houston, Texas
Weather was not good high winds; beaches were closed; we spent a few hours at the "No Name Bar" 3 doors down from Margaretville was a great little local spot with good Margaritas; Margaretville was a fun adventure for lunch
Belize City, Belize
Crystal cave river tubing with zip line and Belize lunch was a good bang for the buck!
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
We bartered for a taxi to the beach for $25 per person we were able to go from the port to a resort and had a tour guide Eldon that took great care of us...

The Blue Lagoon is complimentary dining that serves comfort food 24 hours. Our teenager wish they would have known about the Blue Lagoon earlier in the cruise.