Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Impressed (Generally)

Sail Date: January 23, 2016

My wife suggested this trip only a week before we sailed. Although we have been on five previous cruises on Carnival, this was our first time on Norwegian. We were very impressed by the new Houston Cruise Terminal and the ease of getting on (and off) the ship. We got free parking because I am a disabled veteran. Our parking spot (not disabled) was right in front of the terminal! Norwegian has assigned arrival times and we were within our time frame. We were on the ship in half an hour. We were somewhat disappointed at the size and location of our stateroom - it looks out at a life boat. We were used to a bit larger rooms with a divan on Carnival but our room had one chair and a stool. However, we spent most of our time when we were in the cabin laying on the bed watching TV or reading. The cruise was great. I had never been to Roatan and my wife had never been to Belize.

Cruise Photos

A little smaller than we're used to but met our needs.
As a retired professional pilot, I have been to Belize several times but my wife had never been so we went on our own and stayed in the vicinity of the Radisson. We ate lunch at the Smoky Mermaid and were surprised that there were few cruise people there. (The ones that were, were some we had told about the place.) We really enjoyed the animal preserve on Roatan.
Belize City, Belize Get away from the cruise terminal and visit shops near the Radisson. Have lunch at The Smoky Mermaid.
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras Go to Gambulina Animal Preserve and see the monkeys! (Hint - you don't have to cross the swinging bridge.)

A small ship but very comfortable ride, even in heavy seas. We loved it!