Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Decent experience, nothing spectacular

Sail Date: January 09, 2016

The destinations were great. But the Houston Port is located in the middle of nowhere.  Had to stay at a hotel near the city the night before because there is nothing but industrial lots and factories near the cruise port.  Ended up paying $114 round-trip just to get from the airport to the cruise terminal and back.  Taxis would have been even more.  The activities onboard were seemingly geared toward an older crowd.  They offered a presentation to inform of entertainment/shopping options for the ports of call we were going to visit, but the woman spent the entire presentation (and week) attempting to sell diamonds and tanzanite.  There also was minimal diversity on the ship.  I purchased two bottles of rum from the duty free shop on day one of the cruise, but only one bottle was delivered to my room.  When I asked why, they stated "there was an accident and your bottles were broken."  So items they pretty much convinced me to purchase because they aren't available in the States were broken and no effort was made at all to remedy the situation.  Only a credit of the amount paid.  I was HEATED!!  Also, this is the first cruise I actually looked forward to spending time in the cabin (but even there, normal stations are not provided, only two movie stations, three news stations and the woman selling diamonds).  And to top it off, the room attendant walked in on us while we were, umm, "in bed".

The ports of call (Cozumel, Belize, and Honduras) were awesome, however.  The 24 hour dining was great as well (although the better options required payment).  But if you're looking to actually enjoy your on-board experience, look elsewhere.

Loved my cabin design/setup