Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Flooded out of cabin w/ scalding hot H20 at 3am, no A/C,no service,food was horrible.

Sail Date: December 12, 2015

The cruise started off with no A/c for the first night (stayed up sweating all night) and after 2 complaints and demanding they fix it now they came around noon the next day. The service was horrible, no silverware on tables or s&p, no of at the machine, ice cream machine was broke almost the whole time. Made several attempts to find port shopping lady. Took 3 days and several inquiries (no one tried to find her for us they just told us where she had been hours ago), finally tracked her down in Belize b/c I had heard her say where she would be at 11:45 that day. The food was horrible as were the cocktails (even if you have the Ulimate Beverage pkg. they try to give you well instead of top shelf even when you ask for it. Got to watch them closely) unless you went to the Topsiders bar. Restaurants all close at different times so we spent a lot of time searching for one to be open. Ended up at the Garden Café mostly and the food sucked there except for the omelets. Ship was dirty and smelled like cigarettes. Husband found gum on elevator railing after he had already touched it, ewww! Room service took 2 hours for a cheese and fruit platter. It wasn't even cooked food and they took forever! Staff was very unjoyful. They did not speak or understand English very well. It was hard to communicate and they looked like they wanted to jump overboard too. The ship listed far to port on 12/15/15. I flew into our cabin door from the bed. When I called the lady at front desk acted like I was being silly. To top it all off, my husband woke up at 3m on Wed to go to the restroom and stepped into 2 inches of water. Of course the worst thoughts go through your head. We called the front desk and were told it was a pipe that had burst and to stay in our rooms. Water was getting deeper so we opened the door to have rushing scalding hot water coming into our room. My husband got his feet burned slightly. I have anxiety issues and the room was now filling with steam and we couldn't breathe. We called the front desk again and the man acted like I was just too upset so he was going to send someone. My husband and I weren't going to wait on him. We couldn't breathe it was like a sauna in there. We have video of all of this too. We decided to throw on our shoes and run for it in our pjs! We took off and were told to turn around, the hot water was coming from that way. We turned around and ran down the halls and to the stairs, down the stairs to the foyer where guest services are. The man t the desk was a s calm as could be. I was hyperventilating and crying by this point. I have an auto immune disease and all of this stress and running caused great pain and anxiety for me. I asked for water since the man was doing nothing for us. When the water was delivered by staff the man at the desk kept it and I finally went up to get it. He wasn't going to be helpful at all. Others trickled down in their pjs. All unbelieving of what was going on and the lack of attention brought to us. We waited in the foyer for 3 hours before someone walked by and my husband asked for pillows so we could at least lay our heads down. We were finally given a room by Nelson at about 6:30am. Our new room was 3 floors lower and as far aft as you could go, right next to the anchor and engine. Super awesome, NOT!!! As soon as we layed our heads down the anchor was pulled up (which makes A LOT of noise!)to go to the pier to get everyone off of ship since water was turned off for everyone due to pipe exploding. Start to doze off again and the engines start to leave pier and vibrate our room greatly and loud again. We go out to tendering position and drop the anchor!!! F$%*&^!!! Finally fell asleep but had to cancel our excursion and our spa time due to no sleep and in pain now.

We were offered $400 onboard credit and we said no that wasn't going to cut it for how much we paid and the nightmare we had experienced. Sayeed and Nelson came to our room to apologize and offer us 2 dinners at the nice restaurants to try to salvage some fun left on the trip. We accepted but not as compensation for what we had been through. We came back from the second night of the nice dinner at Cagneys (and it was VERY good!) but only to find our cabin had been turned down and the door was left open for all to come in. So pissed! Our cameras, our wallets, everything was in there. Thank goodness nobody stole anything. So, cabin 5508 door doesn't close all the way if you happen to get that room. They ended up giving us the $400 onboard credit even though we asked them not to. We had taken the Jewel last year and had the most wonderful experience which is why we took the same cruise again. We heard that they had taken all the seasoned staff off and put them on Norwegians' 2 new mega ships to get them going. Maybe that is what happened. We don't know but we met at least 40 other people who said it was the worst cruise they had ever had too and were going home to complain )some had complained on ship) and a couple newbies who said they would never cruise again. Very sad as cruising can be a blast. Will be interesting to see how Norwegian makes this up to all of us. Will let you know when we know.

Was fine until we got flooded out with scalding hot water! Do not like the new toilet doors added on. Makes the bathroom much more claustrophobic.
Still in pain and the disembarkation was slow and the ramp to get off kept breaking. It took forever!
Stinky and not kept clean daily and gum under railiings. People are nasty!
We didn't get to see Honduras at all due to to no sleep but Belize and Cozumel were great.
Kids swim area is right next to smoking. We don't smoke but we watched it fill up with smoke since it's right next to smoking section and has plexiglass walls enclosing it. It also trapped all the smoke. Gross!
Mushy, not good. Felt like they just mixed everything left over from night before together for the next days meal.