Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

We prefer Carnival

Sail Date: December 12, 2015

Although some of the staff were outstanding on the Norwegian Jade, many of the staff looked like they were overworked and burnt out. They couldn't even smile. I feel like Norwegian may do a better job with benefits, i.e., provide wifi for the staff who are so far from home and from their family. It was my understanding that the staff had to pay for wifi and it is quite expensive.

Dining Rooms were not very elegant and felt more like eating in a cafeteria. The waiter in the Grand Pacific did not explain our choices, much less crack and smile or even act friendly. Again, I feel like these people are overworked.

We felt like the food was mediocre at best. Several meals left us feeling kind of sick to our stomach. After trying both dining rooms and finding them terribly noisy and not great food, we preferred the buffet even for dinner. Although the last evening (12/10/15) the buffet left us feeling very disappointed and somewhat sick.

Sorry to be so negative, but it was quite a disappointment in so many ways.

Some highlights were staff who went above and beyond.....Nilda in the buffet turned in my purse that I inadvertently left in the dining room....thank you to her! I Ningah (sp?) from Indonesia was a terrific young waiter and never without a smile and happy attitude. Loved him! Aubrey, our room steward was great and provided us with superior service. Thank you so much to all those who go the extra mile. I know they work hard and I feel for them having to be aware from friends and loved ones for so long while working on the ship.

Cabin was spacious and comfortable. Aubrey did a great job. Loved her towel animals! Morning coffee provided by room service was always on time. Very good job.
We didn't take children so I have no feedback on this. We were, however, surprised to see the large number of children on the ship.
We loved the dancers, hated Elements..it's just a weird show. Loved the comedian. Wished there were more choices. Bingo and Deal or no Deal were overpriced and prize money small compared to what they take in. Wished there were more free options for entertainment like comedy, maybe ice sculpting at the pool, maybe some daytime shows in the Stardust theatre. Spa was extremely overpriced ($80 for a acrylic nail fill? really???) The equipment in the Fitness Center was good and view was beautiful.
I Ningah (sp?) from Indonesia gave us great service as did Aubrey, our room steward. Loved seeing people smile, but I feel like they need more company benefits especially free wifi to keep them in touch with family. Norwegian, you should look into this and treat your people well. They work very hard.
Dining Rooms were especially disappointing. Buffet was always good for breakfast.
Houston, Texas
Prefer Galvasten Port as Houston is just so congested with traffic. The port itself wasn't congested and parking was convenient and porters were good. Boarding wasn't too bad, although still lines to go through even when you complete everything you can on line. But all in all, boarding wasn't too long a wait.
Belize City, Belize
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
This was our favorite port as we had never been here before. We loved our Island sightseeing tour and beach. Wish we would have stayed at the beach longer and just returned with a cab, as our tour ended very early in the day (11:45 am) and shopping at the port was not good at all. Loved the island and beach was beautiful!

1 Comment