Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Not recommended

Sail Date: November 14, 2015

this was my first cruise with my daughter, sister-in-laws and niece. When we got to the check-in we found ourselves in a line that took over 3 hours to get checked in and another 3 hours before we left the port. There was no announcement made indicating why we were leaving so late. The service at the bar was very poor, I was never waited on, so I left. We had dinner reservations at the Avitar and they told us we couldn't make reservations, well we made them on line. The first day at sea we had to make up time so the boat was really rocky making us feel sea sick. Because we left port so late we never made our shore excursion in Cozumel. Day 3 we had to be up early to get in another line for tickets to be tendered to shore. What really makes me mad is if you bought your shore excursion on the ship you got the first tender off the ship, that sucked! Day 4 we had to use the ship tenders, there were only 4 running passengers back and forth. because we missed our first shore excursion we were given tickets for the 3rd group to be tendered off, really? When we got in line foe the tender we discovered the person taking the tickets didn't care what number she was taking so people that were in the 13th group were going ahead of us. Obviously that system didn't work! We ate a lot of our meals at the buffet because the service at the dining rooms were very slow. We did go to the Blue Lagoon and order lunch on our last day aboard the ship, we were the first ones to be seated. Our order was taken and there we sat. The waitress had taken all the orders of all the tables that were hers and placed them all at once. When she put the order in she put them in in reverse, so we got our soup, but not the rest of our meal, we got up and left after sitting an hour and a half waiting. I even got up and got my own water and continued to service other people that also were out of water. For my first cruise I expected more.