Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Worst Cruise to Date !!

Sail Date: November 14, 2015

Horrible cruise!! Started in Houston with bad customer service on check in. One of the managers stopped to help the first day rookie check us in and advised my roommate had an expired passport. Then laughed and shrugged off without apology when we all was clearly upset. Took three hours to get on the boat. Our rooms where not ready. Had to ask customer service twice to separate the beds in both two passenger rooms. Went and tried get a drink and it took an hour at two bars. When we made it to the front we found the beer was warm and just arrived. We left late from Houston due to issues. Service was not present through the complete trip. Dinning halls where packed and we normally ate before any drinks (7UP) arrived. Cozemel port was late and thus we had an extra hour. Getting on and off was a chore. Second port, we totally missed our shore excursion due to tender issues. Spent the day in Belize with Five other boats making it packed hot and nasty. Getting back aboard was a chore again. Nightly entertainment was bad. The comedian was soo bad we walked out during the show. Kareoke was limited and the songs where old. When it was out turn they closed it to have the band up that was just on stage before. The room cleared out only a few remained after the packed room from karaoke. We did ask the cruise Director and he advised they shortened Kareoke due to reports from the Jewel. I rode the jewel, and that was the most effective gathering every day for the boat! Honduras took three hours to get off the boat. Tinder was a mess!! Did get our shore excursion however it took two hours to get back on the boat. My mother was in hell due to the heat and sun. Again that night the shows and service was very poor! First day back at sea we found out poeple had died, one was bit by a viper, and someone was robbed and shot. Our boat moved to Cancun where people were evacuated off the boat. No information was given from the crew or staff on what was going on. Heard from one bar that the service staff was all new to boat and some had missed or could not board from Houston. Last day at sea was a cleanup so we could get off the boat asap.

I will be asking for someone to contact myself on this subject before any additional cruises are ever booked with NCL. I had six family members attend this cruise with me due to my past cruise in February on the NCL Jewel which was amazing. The Jade was duplicate ship so clearly it was not prepared and or staffed correctly thus creating the single worst vacation my family and I have had to date. Just to be clear I feel my full family is owed a full refund and or a full seven day cruise on a boat of our choice. Being back on the Jade is not an option. This would be due to each member of my family taking vacation from work, and spending hard working money for a less then sub par experience.

House keeper was quiet and did not even introduce himself. Room was clean, towels for pool where not present. Bathroom had smell of septic or sewage.
Left port late on the first night. With the rush of poeple and lack of employees service was very bad the first night.
Funky sewage smell in the hall and in bathroom.
Late to first port, making it rushed and busy. Second port was bad as the boat missed our shore excursion.
Activities where cut off even when the crowd was hopping. Normally the pool had no music till 3-4 pm then stopped by 5.
My boy meet some kids on the entourage however when I went to meet up the lady advised they all went to someones room to play games. Though they would push more activities.
Comedian was less then poor, some of the entertainment was changed due to illness. Making the experience less then impressive.
Not the boat it should have been. Staff where all short and seemed un-trained and stressed.
Service and staff where slow and smug. It was normal to get water and eat with no other drinks or refills.
Houston, Texas
Belize City, Belize
Place was packed due to five cruise ships in port. Get in, and get out fast to avoid the madness.
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Love the area, just watch yourself and belongings.

I would not suggest the Jade at this time. The Jewel was by far the best boat to date I have ever traveled on. NCL is know to be the best in class however someone did not prepare the Jade correctly making our experience horrible.