A Nightmare!

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Transatlantic

16 Night Transatlantic Westbound (Barcelona To Houston)
Sail Date: October 29, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Jade

Got food poisoning 10/28 in Barcelona. Symptoms happened 4:15pm in stateroom, went to Medical, given shot, voluntarily stayed in room, bland diet delivered, just treated for symptoms, not food poisoning. Nov 1 suitcases were packed by crew and I was taken to a Clinic in Funchal Madeira,  xrays, treated with respect, diagnosed,  given antibiotic and clearance to travel. Ship doctor disagreed with clinic doctor, and coerced me into leaving ship as a71 year old female traveling alone in Funchal.   Fortunately had trip insurance.  However, missed my planned vacation and put into financial strain to pay for hotel stay, medical visit,etc.  Always felt safe with NCL traveling alone, not anymore.  The nurse and one dr. were great, but Head Medical Dr. was incorrigible.  Angry

On bland diet.

confined to room, don't know

confined to room, never saw anything

confined to room, don't know

I looked forward to where my stateroom was located as the 24 hour restaurant was down the hall. Didn't get to use it or my Ultimate Beverage package!

Don't eat at Salamanca Restaurant. You'll get food poisoning from their fish!
lovely climate, people, and take the bus for 1.95 euro each way to Monte and see a lovely church and beautiful botanical gardens, rough walking though.
didn't get there to snorkel
didn't get there to visit friends met on March 2015 cruise.
didn't get there.