Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

2 Bedroom Penthouse Suite

Sail Date: December 03, 2014

Room Type: Suite

I really enjoyed this cruise. Myself and husband went along with my mom. The room was wonderful and loved the 2bed/bath setup with the living space. The bathroom was absolutely wonderful in the master and the balcony was great too. Our room number was 11006. The service was exceptional. We had a personal butler and concierge which really came in handy with getting things handled apart from the masses. Definitely worth the extra money. The private breakfast/lunch dining experience was great as well.

The negatives I will say as far as food was the pizza service. I have done Princess cruise line and their pizza is top notch. Very disappointed that you have to pay for this rubberized pizza when it comes standard on Princess cruises. Another negative was the sound between the master and 2nd room. You can hear everything and the wall is very thin.  Other than this within the suite the noise was not bad at all.

Positives: The entertainment was top notch! Compared to Princess Cruise Line, it was extremely well. I enjoyed most shows and they were worth attending. Another benefit to being in a suite is the VIP seating which really came in handy when the general seating became crowded.

The excursions were amazing as well for the most part. We went on all excursions and the tour guides were pretty knowledgeable.

If you decide to cruise with NCL I would 100% recommend a suite. Your experience will be 100xs better and the amenities pay for themselves.

Pizza was horrible
Children's Programs N/A
Bingo is a complete rip off. I would advise lowering the price or increasing the games for the price.
The only slight negative was that we kept having continued issues with our coffee machine but once fixed everything was fine. Also, the wall between the master bedroom and the 2nd bedroom is paper thin and you can hear everything! This mattered to us because my mother traveled with my husband and I. Would have appreciated better sound proofing.
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Katakolon (Olympia), Greece
The farm was amazing and our tour guide was intellegent and carried herself with poise. Loved this excursion
Piraeus (Athens), Greece
Tour guide was horrible! She commented on not hating americans but hating our presidents. Most people were Americans so this made things were awkward. She was very old and could barely keep up with the walk to Acropolis. Very bad manners.
Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey
Our tour guide was phenominal. He was organized and very intelligent. Gave great advise on safe places to shop and others to avoid. His name was Tan and he the best tour guide of the entire trip!
Istanbul, Turkey