Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Norweigian Greek Isle cruise

Sail Date: September 20, 2014

Room Type: Suite

We were very impressed with the Green Isle Cruise.  I have to admit, even though we had cruised Norwegian before I was a little apprehensive after reading some of the reviews/posts on Cruise Critic. I know that some are a little more picky than others and that proved to be true.  The food was very good, cabin great (except of some noise....will explain later), the entertainment was wonderful and the itenerery fabulous. Now...about the noise. We started calling customer almost immediately about our neighbors SLAMMING their door...EVERY day, morning (before we got up, of course this woke us up so we had no choice but to get up), afternoon (while trying to rest), and night (while TRYING to go to sleep). And I don't mean once, it would happen three or four times at once like maybe everyone in the room was leaving at the same time, then maybe two minutes later another three or four times. We stopped by the customer service desk several times, etc. We were called but when I called back they acted like WE should stand in the hall and wait for these people to slam the door????????????????? NOT!!!! It did put a damper on our time.  It just seemed like no one cared at all. SO...if anyone expects Norweigian to fix a problem with neighbors, it won't happen.  My husband works very hard and this was a long awaited trip. He doesn't sleep well anyway and to TRY to sleep with someone slamming doors it's unexceptable. This was very disappointing and it seemed like Norweigian totally ignored our complaint.

Our Steward Eric was great. And Mariloo in the Dining room.
Children's Programs did not use
Onboard Activities did not use
Destinations and Excursions Destinations were great. We did our own excursions.
Venice, Italy
Venice was wonderful. Have been before but did a few things different that we had not done before. Went to Murano and Burano.
Corfu, Greece
Again, have been to Corfu. Rented a car.
Santorini, Greece
Second time to Santorini as well. Rented a car again and drove to Oia and black sand beach.
Mykonos, Greece
Really like Mykonos, rented four wheelers, had a ball. Beautiful island.
Katakolon (Olympia), Greece
We had a guide here. He was very good and we were please. It is one of those places that I would not care to return to. Not much there.

Slip out of ship shows early to get a table in the Dining rooms.