Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Third Mate

Fantastic Voyage

Sail Date: July 05, 2014

Room Type: Suite

My family and I really enjoyed this cruise.  We have not been on a cruise in 10 years and were worried that it wouldn't be family friendly initially and that we'd sepnd 7 days in cramped state room.  Instead, our balcony suite was perfect and we were pleasantly surprised that there was something for everyone.  This ship's cabins were more spacious than others I've seen.  Additionally, there were plenty of dining choices for my daughter who has a peanut allergy, I enjoyed the spa and evening entertainment, and we all liked the liveliness of the ship.  As for the ports and itinerary, I highly recommend that you book the shore excursions instead of trying to wing it on your own so that you can really see and enjoy each of the destinations.  I wish that Norwegian would add Athens to their itinerary without removing any of the other destinations.   Venice, Olympia, Santorini, Mykenos, and Corfu were each beautiful in a different way.  We will definitely take another cruise. Happy

Pool could have been a bit larger, but everything else was great
Many dining options and food was good (not fabulous, but good)
They are very sanitary and go the extra mile with attention to detail
There were too many choices
Wish there were more teen programs
Onboard Activities Just too much happening at once. We did feel a bit overscheduled
Excellant destinations and excursions. Wanted more time at ports -- 2 days in Santorni and Mykenos are needed.
My cabin steward (Wilson) was excellant. There were 3 of us and I was surprised when my husband who is 6'6'' and over 280 pounds did not feel the least bit cramped. Sunsets on the balcony were amazing!
Venice, Italy
Book a gondola ride, go to the opera, and have dinner. Venice is expensive so careful not to blow the bank here.
Corfu, Greece
Corfu is most green and least expensive of the ports on this cruise. It's most traditional. Don't do the horseback riding excursion if you're an experienced rider. Most of the day is on the beach.
Santorini, Greece
Stunning location. You must book the Norwegian winery tour! It's excellant and right mix of shopping, touring, etc. Tour does not stop at black sand beach but should going forward!
Mykonos, Greece
Very cosmopolitan location. Boat should dock here longer. Be sure to have a gyro at one of the restaruants along the beach. Hold your purse tight however! Children beg and grab bags here.
Katakolon (Olympia), Greece
Very historic location with many photo ops. Be sure to buy a book that tells you what the ruins are at the archeological site and museum because the maps and signs are nonexistent.

Book a suite! The stateroom are a nice size if you can't afford a suite, but otherwise go for the suite.

1 Comment