Greek Isles Cruise Review

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Greek Isles (Venice Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 21, 2014
Ship: Norwegian Jade

Background: This was my 4th cruise, first time with NCL. It was my second time on a Mediterranean cruise and my third time to Greece. For my fiance, this was his first cruise ever & first time to Greece.

I personally liked NCL a lot. I loved the open dining plan and also felt they had a lot of great on-board activities. I enjoyed: Zumba, abs class, salsa dance class, and the Elements dance show. We also had a free dinner in the La Cucina Italian specialty restaurant and enjoyed this. We payed for the Jasmine Garden Asian restaurant but didn't love it--my food was way too spicy, even though I asked for otherwise.

Things I disliked were that many on-board things still have an extra charge, such as yoga. We are already paying a lot to go on the cruise! I also had a hard time with the food. I eat a primarily vegan diet and had a hard time finding things. Pretty much every veg option is smothered in cheese or cream sauce. The menu is not very explanatory either... expect to find random items not described on the menu in the dish.

For the ports, I love Greece! As I said, this was my third visit, and I still think it's one of the most gorgeous countries I've seen. My fiance loved it as well! We did the excursion in Olympia and thought our guide was great. At the other ports we just did our own thing & had a wonderful time.

If I did another European cruise though, I would go in May like I did the first time I went. It was just way too hot & we just couldn't escape the sun or sunburn. I would advise others to do the same!

N/A

We thought the layout was very confusing, though we liked our room

We stayed in Venice for 3 days & had a wonderful time
Recommend the Old & New Fortresses near the Old Town
The most beautiful place in the world! We rented an ATV on the island (way cheaper than through NCL) & drove all over--amazing!
Quintessential Greece with white stucco & colorful accents. Try Cafe Suisse in town for crepes!
Loved our excursion through NCL