Fantastic First Cruise

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Contributor Level: Third Mate

11 Night Western Mediterranean (Rome Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 16, 2013
Ship: Norwegian Jade
Cabin Type: Suite

My wife and I were celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary. We had never taken a cruise before, although we talked about it for years. When I booked this cruise I wanted a balcony room, but for the little bit extra I opted to get a mini suite w/balcony. It was absolutely an awesome experience. The room was more than I expected. Everyone on the ship were amazingly accomodating. I enjoyed "all the food" and it's many venues. The shore excursions were trips of a lifetime. Each city was phenomenal. The crew on the Jade were very accomodating in getting to the excursion bus and back on board. This was our first cruise and the staff totally took away our anxioties in a very short time. We will do this again!

Food was extremely good.

We only went to one show, but it was really good.

Did not use

Staff was impeccable.

We found out about The Blue Lagoon on the next to last day. It is really good - 24/7. When you dine in the Buffet Restaurant on Deck 12, go to the back for your sitting. If the weather is good you can eat outside. Wonderful!

We flew into Rome 3 days early and really enjoyed it.
I stood on the road where the Monte Carlo Race is held. AZmazing!
My favorite place!
Not as clean as the other cities, but they were very friendly.
Really good 9 hr excursion here. The ocean road drive is phenomenal.