Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Third Mate

Fantastic First Cruise

Sail Date: November 16, 2013

Room Type: Suite

My wife and I were celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary. We had never taken a cruise before, although we talked about it for years. When I booked this cruise I wanted a balcony room, but for the little bit extra I opted to get a mini suite w/balcony. It was absolutely an awesome experience. The room was more than I expected. Everyone on the ship were amazingly accomodating. I enjoyed "all the food" and it's many venues. The shore excursions were trips of a lifetime. Each city was phenomenal. The crew on the Jade were very accomodating in getting to the excursion bus and back on board. This was our first cruise and the staff totally took away our anxioties in a very short time. We will do this again!

Food was extremely good.
Staff was impeccable.
Entertainment We only went to one show, but it was really good.
Children's Programs Did not use
We took several excursions and enjoyed each of them.
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
We flew into Rome 3 days early and really enjoyed it.
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
Monte Carlo, Monaco
I stood on the road where the Monte Carlo Race is held. AZmazing!
Toulon, France
Barcelona, Spain
My favorite place!
Valencia, Spain
La Goulette (Tunis & Carthage), Tunisia
Not as clean as the other cities, but they were very friendly.
Palermo, Sicily
Naples, Italy
Really good 9 hr excursion here. The ocean road drive is phenomenal.

We found out about The Blue Lagoon on the next to last day. It is really good - 24/7. When you dine in the Buffet Restaurant on Deck 12, go to the back for your sitting. If the weather is good you can eat outside. Wonderful!