Fantastic First Cruise

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Norwegian Jade

11 Night Western Mediterranean (Rome Roundtrip)

Sail date: November 16, 2013

Ship: Norwegian Jade

Cabin type: Suite

Cabin number: 11570

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

My wife and I were celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary. We had never taken a cruise before, although we talked about it for years. When I booked this cruise I wanted a balcony room, but for the little bit extra I opted to get a mini suite w/balcony. It was absolutely an awesome experience. The room was more than I expected. Everyone on the ship were amazingly accomodating. I enjoyed "all the food" and it's many venues. The shore excursions were trips of a lifetime. Each city was phenomenal. The crew on the Jade were very accomodating in getting to the excursion bus and back on board. This was our first cruise and the staff totally took away our anxioties in a very short time. We will do this again!

Ship experiences

We only went to one show, but it was really good.

Ship tip

We found out about The Blue Lagoon on the next to last day. It is really good - 24/7. When you dine in the Buffet Restaurant on Deck 12, go to the back for your sitting. If the weather is good you can eat outside. Wonderful!

Ports of call

Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy

We flew into Rome 3 days early and really enjoyed it.

Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy

Monte Carlo, Monaco

I stood on the road where the Monte Carlo Race is held. AZmazing!

Toulon, France

Barcelona, Spain

My favorite place!

Valencia, Spain

La Goulette (Tunis & Carthage), Tunisia

Not as clean as the other cities, but they were very friendly.

Palermo, Sicily

Naples, Italy

Really good 9 hr excursion here. The ocean road drive is phenomenal.