Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Europe - Western Europe

Our first cruise, great time

Sail Date: April 08, 2011

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The ship was very nice. There were plenty of speciality restaurants to choose from, but the food at the included places was nice. There was not enough deck space to accomodate all the pool people in high times, but plenty of room on the sun decks.

Pros: The Shows, The Kids Activities

Cons: Morroco

Recommends Norwegian Jade? Yes!

The ship was very tidy and fun.
We tried three of the specialty restauarants and they did not disappoint. They offered a reduced cover charge for the first hour which we took advantage of. The buffets were great for the kiddos.
As good as could have been expected for interior stateroom. No complaints except it was hard to manage the temperature.
I couldn't imagine a more talented or professional crew. We were amazed at their talents and energy.
The shows were the best part of the whole trip. We didn't miss one and several were family friendly.
My kids never wanted to leave the kids zone. When at sea, free activities were available from 0900-2230 every day!
Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, Canary Islands
Very clean city, and tourist friendly. We sat on the beach and did some shopping. Every thing is within walking distance of the boat in Las Palmas.
Don't Miss: Relax on the beach
Agadir, Morocco
The beach was nice and there was a little free zoo to walk through in the city center. The ruined fortress on the hill was worth a trip but we were accosted by all manner of vendors there trying to force baby sheeps in my kids hands, putting my children on camels without my permission, and wrapping snakes around them expecting payment. It was not fun and not worth arguing over price with the cab driver for the view and attack of cute animal peddlers. Shopping downtown was much easier.
Don't Miss: The beach is close and nice for relaxing
Funchal, Madeira
This was the most beautiful island I have ever seen. (not too many in my experience, but this was great). We did the Taste of Madeira tour and it was great. Got to see the sea cliff, 2000 feet down to the sea and some of the remarkable scenery. Also a little wine and cheese tasting as well as opportunity to shop. All travel close to ship so there was still time to get back and explore Funchal or relax on the ship after the excursion
Don't Miss: Standing on top of the sea cliff
Casablanca, Morocco
We did the Imperial Rabat excursion. The guide was good but one stop at the carpet store was very disappointing. It was a chance to buy something but it was all very expensive and no one was interested. The vendor came down 200% from initial offer before I even made an offer. It was crazy. We spent more time at the shop negotiating a non purchase than at the mosque that Casablanca is famous for.
Don't Miss: The magnificent mosque
Malaga, Spain
A bus runs you to the city and there is plenty to see with the fortress/palace and shopping in the city center. Also, very good beach for relaxing
Don't Miss: The fortress in the center