Great sense of community

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Norwegian Getaway

9 Night Scandinavia Russia & Baltic (Copenhagen Roundtrip)

Sail date: July 31, 2019

Ship: Norwegian Getaway

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 8742

Traveled as: Singles/Friends

Review summary

It was my first cruise and I was pleasantly surprised. I felt a sense of community and the energy/vibe was so positive. The amount of activities offered made it easy for anyone to find things they enjoy and there was enough space on the boat for people to find spots of solitude. The food, company, activities, and organization exceeded my expectations. I will cruise again:).

Embarkation

Easy

Ship experiences

I mainly did buffet, mostly because it was so amazing. It was fresh, clean, and had ever cuisine possible. The staff was also friendly and helpful.

I used the fitness center, mini golf and hoped to use climbing wall but it closed for wind. the pools and hot tubs were great too and a great area with music playing by pools was a great lounge area (when weather was nice)

The performers were my favorite part. The dueling piano bar, dance show (burn the floor), the magician was very talented. I also enjoyed the ship information session with captain and staff and the activities lead by staff in the atrium.

All very kind, helpful and competent.

Stellar. Antibacterial everywhere.

A bit small, but it worked. Always clean. The $15 service charge added for each day was a surprise and not appreciated, but overall everything else about the cruise was great.

Ship tip

Make use of all the free shows and activities. Look at the calendar of what to do each day and get to know staff. I'd say the free buffet is just as good as going out to eat, but that is a personal preference of course.

Ports of call

St. Petersburg, Russian Federation

Did excursions as didn't have Visa. I thought the tour guide was great and the process was made very easy and seamless.

Helsinki, Finland

Tallinn, Estonia

Excursion was great again and seamless. Enjoyed it.

Stockholm, Sweden

Did own thing here and only complaint is wish we had more time on port. we had shorter days here to explore.

Visby, Sweden

Easy walk city and my favorite part of the cruise actually, we hit this place on Medieval week so it was a treat. Very easy city to walk and explore on foot.

Disembarkation

Easy and organized. Didn't like we had to disembark so early, but I understand the reason.