Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Second Mate

Great Cruise

Sail Date: October 16, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

IT IS UP TO YOU TO MAKE THE BEST OF IT, for me it's dancing, fill your bag when you get there.  BUT DON'T SIT AROUND AND BLOW YOUR CRUISE and complaint later.

The best part of the trip for me is the dancing, dancing and dancing, I have written this before, as this is our fifth NCL trip this year. There is music everywhere.   The best floor is the Tropicana room but limited to only two 45 minutes sets per night,  Dance on the limited rug space at the Mojito bar or tile floor at the FAT Cats.  H2o for free systle party every night.  There are choices people.

We love the service, the friendly staff,  the fact that the ship is only 2 years old and well maintained.  Not a fan of the Pool deck though,  as I find it tight on sea days, they could take a lesson from Royal Caribbean.  Now RC knows how to design a pool deck, but unfortunately this is not the case here, At lease on the Getaway they have a pool/play area for the little ones.  The main pool is kid free until 5PM.  Two pools is not good for 3900 plus passengers.   I get away (get the pun) from this by buying the spa week and hitting the indoor heated mineral pool,  saunas and salt room, or buy the beach club.

I like the fact that this trip has only two sea days not 3 like the Escape, four stops in a row is great for me.   As for the shows we loved Burn the Floor, didn't get the chance to see the Million dollar Quartet .  Now for the up charge events:  don't do them if they don't suit your needs, some didn't suit us, so NO COMPLAINTS there.  Do the upgrades for the restaurants, the minimum is 3 and that is enough because the main restaurants are great.  Buy the spa and restaurant before you get on the ship so you are guaranteed before it sells out.  You can buy spa days on port days for $54 bucks I believe, so if you only need one day in the hot mineral pool or sauna that's great.     Do the research on line, know what you are buying, then go have funHappy.

It had an odor when we arrived but I made a written complaint to the Hotel Manager forthwith, and it was taken care for promptly. Put it on paper forthwith and move on, don't obsess over it!!!!!

Don't bring liquor or candles, just a smile is good enough. If you don't buy a excursion from NCL you can always get something on the Pier. A city tour is good for me and if there is a beach they will drop there if you want.