Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 days full of hidden costs

Sail Date: September 25, 2016

Reviewed: 18 days ago

As a very experienced longtime cruiser, I realize the many changes that have occurred over the Years including no midnight buffets, specialty restaurants, and charges for previously included percks. Even with all these in mind, I was still even further shocked to being charged over $600/ person for a 7 day cruise for alcoholic drink package and forced to buy 1 for each one in my 4 person room although one person was wheelchair bound liver transplant patient who obviously is prohibited from drinking, and a second only drinks beer. There was a well advertised promotion for cruises booked from Sept- Oct 2nd which included 2 free package options when a balcony was booked, but when we went to claim it, were told our room had a discounted rate and therefor did not qualify. I understand small print, but this is total false advertising. When forced to rent a wheelchair, was charged $145 for the week, and then when required an electric scooter due to space constraints which totally would have made our stay unbearable since it didn't fit in hallways with cleaning carts always present, the cost of it went up to $275. All in all a very bad experience.

ok, except we had no way of knowing it would have bunk beds for 2 of us. In my case since the other 2 in our party included a liver transplant patient in a wheelchair, my wife and I had to extend the courtesy of given them the only large bed, and make us sleep apart.
Although again if we wanted to see an illution show, it was extra $20/person.

please inquire the exact type beds you are getting ahead of time and if a party of 4, if all are in one room or not.