Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

One of our favorite cruises

Sail Date: September 25, 2016

Reviewed: 20 days ago

Overall we loved the ship, the entertainment, the food, the on board pools, rope challenge, etc. The staff was excellent and friendly. Some minor changes I would recommend. I think there was too many "pay extra" dining options. I never really noticed these restaurants being used to the full advantage. The food was excellent in the "included" dining (with 3 options already) so there was no reason to go pay extra for other options. Use that space for other things and maybe have 1 option for "private" dining. Also I wasn't impressed with the photographers. I wanted a family portrait, which I have planned on all cruises we have been on. The photos showed too much background or weren't centered or something.

Cabin was a usable size for 3 people. 4 may have been a little tight. Having the balcony helped. Even though it was small, I enjoyed having it. The bed was comfortable and storage space was good. Shower decent size. Basically you use your cabin to sleep and shower, otherwise you are in port or enjoying all the ship has to offer.
Miami, Florida
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
We took a Jolly Roger Catamaran excursion and the water was beautiful.
Belize City, Belize
We booked a private excursion to zip line and cave tubing. Awesome but be prepared for an hour ride to get there and back. You see the countries true culture driving the roads.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
We booked a private excursion that was recommend to us. We loved it, it was beautiful. A bumpy ride since the road to get there wasn't finished but we didn't mind. Mayan Chen, contact them.
This was our 3rd time to Cozumel. We took a Jeep ride and private beach excursion. The Jeep ride is VERY bumpy but we were expecting a 4x4 kind of ride. The beach was beautiful white sand on the Isle Pasion.

Try all 3 dining rooms included in the price. We enjoyed them all, the entertainment in the Tropicana to the more intimate Savor/Taste. We rotated between them all. Plan your day with on board the activities, including things that have shorter hours just so you can get the full experience.