Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Second Mate

Great ship and great ports!

Sail Date: July 10, 2016

This was our second time on the NCL Getaway.  Really love this ship.  So much to do and so many restaurants to choose from.  Definitely need to book your restaurants ahead of time, or first day on the ship, because the good times fill up fast.  I think people book all the good times and never show up because only time we could go to the Cagney's steak house was at 5:45pm and when we got there, we saw plenty of empty tables.  I suggest if you can't get the time you want, just walk up to the hostess and there will probably be tables.  Love the Cagney's steak house, and the Teppanaki Japanese restaurant.  Also loved the noodle bar.  Definitely go there.  Items are alacarte and cheap.  Delicious.  One great feature about the NCL Getaway is the Garden Café, on deck 15, for breakfast, lunch or dinner.  They have it figure out.  No lines anywhere.  Other ships should check this deck out.  You can walk around both sides and you don't have those long lines you have on Carnival or Royal Caribbean.  Love it.  And so many choices.  One complaint I have about the Getaway is you can never get in the comedy club.  You have to book that ahead of time too.  Always full.  I enjoy the late night comedy clubs on all ships, but you can't get into this one.  Stupid.  and room is too small.  I think people book ahead for this one too and don't show up.  You can't beat the Carnival George Lopez Comedy Club.  Big room for everyone.  Great show.  The Staterooms on this ship are plenty big.  Only complaint about the rooms are they don't have a drawer anywhere to throw all your stuff.  Took away the drawer space for a fridge that they charge you for every item.  gotta make that money I guess.  All and all, the Getaway is a great ship.  Western Caribbean has great ports of call.  Great cruise.

Would have loved a drawer to throw stuff in. They put in a mini fridge instead. gotta make that money I guess. Other than that, rooms are spacious. No complaints

Book your specialty restaurants ahead of time, or first day on the ship. The good times fill up first. And book the comedy club. That's always a good show. And definitely book the Illusionarium one night. It is fabulous! It's a dinner show too. You will be amazed on the things they do!