Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

NCL - My New Cruise Line

Sail Date: May 29, 2016

The favorite part of the cruise was the laid back atmosphere, with a no pressure or rushed environment as experienced in other cruise lines. The specialty dining is a hit. The entertainment had a little bit for everyone. Burn the Floor show was fantastic. The stateroom was spacious and common areas maintained spotless.

A couple of areas to improve are:

- The photo shop. The service delivery was sub-par. Seemed rushed. Employees were NOT listening.

- Dining Package - I used one of my dining package offers for the Sushi Bar. I was not told by the hostess that it was at a discounted rate. When I received the bill, surprise, I was assessed a fee for the food. When questioned, I received different responses. I went to the Dining Desk and they explained the program with more details.

- Shore Excursions - In one of the sites visited, the experience was not the best. The excursion seemed to have been overbooked and there were 3 additional cruise lines at the site that day (that is what the tour guide claimed). It took us an hour from the excursion meeting point to the bus. When we arrived to the site, the bus had to wait over 30 minutes to get to a parking. Once at the site, the excursion was fantastic, but felt rushed due to the time lost upfront. Also, I went to the Shore Excursion desk and there was an employee that gave an impression of superiority over fellow workers and clients. He was loud, not humble.

- Management of Staff at Tropical Dining Area - I saw how a manager mistreated employees at the Tropical dining area. I felt very embarrassed, and I had to make a comment for this type of treatment.

I am a fan of another Fun cruise line, but looking at the pros and cons, I will start using NCL more and more.

Spacious and clean. The housekeeping area does a fantastic job maintaining it up to standard. The balcony was cleaned at each port.

Try the Specialty Dining - they offer alternatives that are excellent for everyone's choice - Rodizio, Steak, Italian, French and Japanese. Be aware that not all restaurants are covered with the Dining Package.

The Beverage Package is cost efficient if you drink a lot.